Moneycontrol Brokerage Recos

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

My Interview @Bank of America






Well, here I wanted to explain about my experience of interview process held at Bank of America. I wanted to share this experience so that other upcoming interviewees can have an idea before appearing for an interview there.

It was quite exciting recruiting process from starting to end. I received a call from recruiter, Nilima Pange, regarding the position available for the post of Sr. Analyst and agreed to schedule an interview call for a telephonic discussion after knowing the requirement they have. At scheduled time, I received interview call and it started with a warm introduction.

Excellent technical discussion started from areas of

  •        General database discussions – majorly database concepts, Architecture
  •         Oracle Real Application Cluster 11g (RAC)
  •         Data Guard – Physical standby database, Snapshot standby and Cascade Standby database.
  •         Recover Manager (RMAN) – Backup & Recovery
  •         Data Pump – Tradition export/import Vs Data Pump
  •         Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
  •         Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and its benefits


This interview discussion went up to 1 hour.

It was very interesting technical discussion and it ended with a little fun and good luck by the interviewer.

A day after first technical round, I received a follow up call by recruiter that I was gone through the first technical round of interview and next technical discussion would be the face to face at their Office premise, Gurgaon location.

Well, I would like to say that two things always excite me much in my life always, the first is sitting in an exam and the 2nd one is to be interviewed, no matter if I miss the answer of some questions but it leads to a new level of learning. It actually reveals about me that where I stand once I get its result, and it works as a mentor where do I need to improve myself if I missed something out there.

I reached at the “Bank of America” venue at Gurgaon facility for the face to face technical discussion. I waited (well, your patience is your power) for my turn to get interviewed as multiple interview schedules were there and interview rooms were occupied already. It was a video conference from Hyderabad and it again started with a warm introduction and welcoming me there for the technical discussion, two interviewers were there to interview in this 2nd round of technical discussion, and it was the final one.

And again technical discussion started with areas of followings:
  •             Data Guard – Troubleshooting scenarios (Only real time problem solving approach)
  •         Oracle Real Application cluster 11g Release 2(various scenarios from this area)
  •         Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
  •         Backup & Recovery scenarios – RMAN and Data Pump
  •         Database Performance tuning scenarios
  •         Database Migration Methodologies – RMAN & Data Pump and across RDBMS version
  •         Oracle database Upgrade Methods - 9i>10g>11g>12c
  •         Oracle Database Patching – RAC and non-RAC databases
  •         Database cross-platform migration
  •         Data Pump new features and performance enhancement from earlier versions.
  •         Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control – Consolidated monitoring and its benefits.
  •         Oracle Cloud – Cloud services and its merits
  •         Oracle Exadata Database Machine – its unique features.
  •         Linux Shell scripting,
  •         Oracle RAC troubleshooting on windows platforms – ASM and RDBMS.
  •         Oracle Golden Gate replication
  •         Bundle of general database discussions J

This second round of interview held for around 1 hour and 28 minutes, and the most unique thing was that we (the interviewers & me) were having smile on our faces during whole interview process – it was great thing J

Finally, there was a great positive feedback from interviewer in the end of the technical discussion and they wished me all the best for further processing J

And two days after second round of technical discussion, I received call from recruiter and had discussion about HR stuffs and was invited for the offer and I was requested to submit my all required documents for further offer processing and verification and finally received my offer letter in next few days.

I thanks to the recruiter, Nilima Pange, who has been so smooth in whole recruitment process and it is amazing the way she interacts step by step….Excellent J

I will be joining Bank of America on 21 July 2017 J


Thanks,
-Raj Kumar Kushwaha

No comments:

Post a Comment